US Department of Transportation, Communications Intern, Summer 2016
- Story on a public-private partnership in Southern California that implemented 3 new energy conservation measures and improved a government-utility relationship.
- Story on a facility manager’s efforts to utilize a Utility Energy Service Contract to make $5 million in improvements to a highway research center.
- Profile of a highway engineer who planned a Clean Air Conference in Kentucky that was protested by the Tea Party.
- Profile of a climate resiliency program, featuring interviews with two stakeholders
Telling the Clean Tech Story in Germany and Spain, Summer 2015
- Feature on how to make sustainable living affordable in the United States, using Freiburg, Germany as a case study.
- Photo Gallery, with information gathered from covering the InterSolar Europe Expo in Munich, Germany.
- Longform feature on urban infrastructure for bicycling in Northern Spain, with reporting from Pamplona, Vitoria-Gasteiz, and San Sebastian, Spain.
- Person-on-the-street interviews about energy and climate change, with reporting from Berlin, Germany.
The Daily Tar Heel, Opinion Desk, Fall 2014-Spring 2016
- Column about how smoking encouraged me to meet my neighbors, and reflect on Chapel Hill’s housing market.
- Editorial advocating that the municipalities of Chapel Hill and Carrboro buy the electric grid to encourage renewable energy adoption.
- Editorial suggesting that the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill ceases considering the legacy status of out-of-state applicants.